So while we will be learning everything there is to know about the latest industry trends and tactics from the smartest people in B2B during the day, we can’t wait to see what Scottsdale has to offer after-hours. Here’s our little guide to what looks interesting:
- Want to know more about the great American West? Located in the downtown arts district, check out Scottsdale’s Museum of the West to browse rare historic artifacts and cultural treasures of Old Scottsdale.
- The Museum of Contemporary Art is located in the Old Town district and has some of the most beautiful award-winning architecture you’ll see in Scottsdale. This is a great museum to check out at night as it’s open until 9pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- On Thursday, check out Scottsdale’s ArtWalk in downtown’s gallery district. You’ll see Native American and Western-style art focused on the history of this area of the United States.
- One of Scottsdale’s main attractions is the Sonoran Desert. Spanning over 30,000 acres of one of the most diverse environments on earth, the Sonoran Desert is an amazing place to hike or explore by horseback or off-roading.
- Want to explore the desert from above ground and knock off something from your bucket list at the same time? Seeing the Sonoran Desert from the air offers views like no other, and what better way to do it than from a hot air balloon?!
- And while you’re in the desert, be sure to catch the sunset. Arizona is known for their bright red, orange and purple skies.
- Love golf? C2C is being held at the incredible Five Diamond Fairmont, which has two championship-level TPC golf courses on site.
Want to get to know your fellow content marketer? Grab a group and head to these popular happy hour destinations:
- Citizen Public House in Old Town Scottsdale offers craft beers, contemporary cocktails, and award-winning gastropub cuisine. Their “Good Citizen’s Social” is every day from 3pm-6pm.
- 5th and Wine is one of the most popular wine bars in Scottsdale. This is the perfect spot to gather a group of fun-loving marketers to unwind and kick back after a long and exciting day at C2C. Happy hour is offered Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 6:30pm-9:30pm and all day on Sunday.
- The Beverly is a local favorite in Old Town Scottsdale. Styled with brick walls, mahogany, and leather, this bar immediately lends a warm and inviting feel with great drinks. Happy hour is every day from 4pm to 7pm.
Dinner and Drinks
- If you’re looking for your sushi fix while in the desert, be sure to stop by Sapporo. As one of the top restaurants in the area for teppanyaki and sushi, you’re sure to have a delectable dinner.
- As their motto goes, take a trip to what feels like Southern France, not southern Scottsdale. Olive & Ivy boasts about their elegant patio shaded by beautiful trees. Sip on wine and slip into the Mediterranean mindset at this Scottsdale hot spot.
- Whiskey lover? Second Story Liquor Bar is a favorite for their whiskey flights and fusion dishes with an Asian twist. Sounds unique? You bet it is. As one of the best of Scottsdale, you’re sure to leave with a good story after visiting this local uncommon, upscale bar.
- Craving some burger therapy after a long day of networking? Gather your C2C companions and get just that: some Rehab Burger Therapy. Slow down and relax at this little piece of food paradise.
- And before you leave, make sure to get a taste of the true American West at Scottsdale’s Last Real Cowboy Saloon. Rusty Spur Saloon may not be your fanciest place, but it is quite the local destination. Located in Old Town Scottsdale, you’ll find cowboy hats and boots lining the bar, with some live entertainment to match. Rumor is that celebrities such as Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, and even Jennifer Anniston have made this their dinner destination when in the area. You’re in for a good time!
Want to join us on our tour of Scottsdale? Let ion be your guide! Be sure to tweet us @ioninteractive with the hashtag #C2C16 and come say hi to Max, Mona and Asa to find out how we’re getting to know the city of Scottsdale from a marketer’s point of view.