Please note: This was originally published on LinkedIn September 11, 2015.
Interactive content is a browser-based digital experience designed for visitor participation. Think quizzes, assessments, calculators, configurators.
And, it's radically effective. According to Demand Metric research that my company sponsored:
- 93% of marketers say interactive content is effective at educating buyers.
- 88% of marketers say interactive content is effective at differentiating their brand. While just 55% indicate that static content is effective at differentiating.
- 70% of marketers say interactive content is effective at converting visitors. While only 36% indicate that static content is effective at converting visitors. WOW.
I think these results are pretty compelling.
We see results like this all the time—in terms of both quantity and quality of leads—when content is taken out of its static form and re-purposed into an engaging experience. We recently blogged about an un-gated version of an interactive white paper that outperformed its gated PDF peer in a head-to-head test, by 33%. Yes, that's 33% more leads by un-gating the content and transforming it into an interactive experience.
If you are considering adding interactive experiences into your content marketing, here are a few examples to get you inspired (in no particular order...).
- The Geek's Guide to London interactive tour guide
- The Orbitz Perfect Match quiz
- Attivio Search Framework assessment
- Key Equipment Finance, Lease Vs. Buy interactive infographic
- The Yesler Marketing Automation Playbook
- Randall Reilly Connectivity Study interactive infographic
- Northstar Travel Los Cabos interactive infographic & quiz
- Symantec ISTR20 interactive infographic
- Navicure Cash Flow Potential calculator
As you browse through examples of interactive content experiences you can probably start to envision ways you can re-purpose content you already have into unique digital experiences. These experiences can be far more engaging than text your audience reads, resulting in far greater content consumption & measurement, as well as deep insights about your leads & prospects. I hope the examples above inspire you to get your own experiences launched.
For more inspiration, you can check out our gallery of interactive content experience templates.